Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Gold Metallic Font: How to Without Photoshop

Okay so I have seen everyone under the moon using beautiful gold fonts on their blogs and I am obsessed. However every tutorial I see is using photoshop, I've tried to use it and follow along with these tutorials but it is a total mess every time. So here is my easy free way to get a gold font.

So first things first.
You can go to picmonkey.com and create a white canvas and add the text to it inside the app, but I chose to do it using the app Canva on my cellphone. Make sure that the text is all black and the thicker the font, the more the gold texture will show up. 

Step One:
Go to picmonkey.com. Either create a blank canvas, or upload your white photo with text already on it.

Step Two:
Go to google and search "gold texture". You can save a few images to test out and see which you prefer the best. I chose this one.

Step Three:
Go back to picmonkey and select the layer/butterfly tab. Select "add your own" and add the image you just downloaded. 

Step Four: 
Click the blends tab and select lighten. 

Step Five:
Stretch the layer so that it will cover the entire text and save.

Step Six:
Post to blog and enjoy!


If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at flourgirlmi@gmail.com!




22 comments:

  1. Beautiful.. I am sure it will be helpful for many bloggers out there. Since I have no experience of photoshop.. I use Canva but I will try this .. Thanks honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, this is awesome! I will definitely have to save this for later! You make it look so easy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever is that! I'm going to have to use that. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome! Im saving this post for later use! I just started my blog and more focused on content but visual appealing page is just as important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I'm using Picmonkey as well. This is so cool! Going to apply it on my next blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So amazing! I've never used this font! I'll think our it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Accidentally I stumbled on your blog and lo.. here I find the most amazing tip for beautifying my blog! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is so cool, I would love to try this one. I'm sure this is the perfect editor for me. I love the color and the designs.thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful tip will use it somewhere

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful and nice font. I will definitely need to save this. Will share this to my lovely twins.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing! I'm def using this :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow it does look amazing. I don't have photoshop and normally use Canva for graphics but might need to try pic monkey.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cool!! I have never really been good at Photoshop but this makes the process look so practical and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is so cool. Your explanation makes it look so simple. I will follow your guidelines to create a similar font. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful style! Will use it for wedding invitations. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the tutorial as as new blogger, I look forward to making thing my own and you made it seem easy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So clever! I know this will help a lot of bloggers who are not so savvy with Photoshop.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks so easy to make that and so helpful to give it a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well you made that look quite easy to do and it does look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well you made that look quite easy to do and it does look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! This is so helpful.I am starting to learn about Canva, Picmonkey especially Photoshop. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have tried this! But I can't get the same gold color. :(

    ReplyDelete