Friday, May 29, 2015

Pocket Tank DIY

So, I was out shopping and saw the cutest little tank top with a pocket on it and I wanted it. Then it hit me, why not just make it out of shirts that I already have? I have a million t-shirts, from various high school events and activities, to funny novelty tees. So here is how I made this rad little tank.

What you'll need:
A tank top
Fabric or a tee for the pocket
Scissors
Pins
A needle & thread/sewing machine

First I picked out a tee that I haven't worn in months. I picked an NRA shirt from an event I went to my freshman year with some auto shop pals.
Then I picked out a plain tank. I'm sure you could do a thin strap one too, but I thought it would look better to have thicker straps. Just a personal preference!
Okay so after I had all my materials and sewing items ready, I got to work, The first thing I did was cut a 5 inch by 5 inch piece of fabric from the t-shirt. It's better to cut a larger piece than a piece that's too small. I folded it and shaped it the way that I wanted it to look, folding the edges under.
Next I just sewed it to the tank. You can do it with a machine or by hand. I did it by hand with red thread.
And that's all there is to it. It was one of the easiest clothing DIYs I have ever tried. If you have any suggestions for other DIYS to try, you can email them to me {cupcakesbylex@gmail.com}

XOXO 
Lex



No comments:

Post a Comment