Monday, July 17, 2017

Up North: A Michigander's Ultimate Staycation


If you know one thing about me, it's that I am obsessed with my home state of Michigan. I live in a wonderful state that I don't have to leave to achieve magical vacations. A couple weekends ago, my lovely guy and I took a trip up to Traverse City at the top of the lower peninsula. It has been a bucket list dream of mine since I was a kid to visit the cherry festival and I finally got to check it off the list, dream come true! So here are some photos and fun little summaries of our Michigan staycation!


Day 1:
We left our home of southeast Michigan early in the morning and headed to T.C. We drove straight to the festival and loved it! 



After walking around and looking at things, we headed downtown to go find a quick bite of lunch and ended up at Cousin Jenny's Pasties and it was the perfect lunch spot, and not busy at all! 
After lunch we headed back to the festival and did some shopping, how can you not buy cherry flavored bbq sauce?! 


As we left the festival we walked around and explored downtown T.C. and I am in love with this cute city. We left T.C. and headed to a few wineries, before going to our campsite in the nearby town Interlochen. 
Now when I say this campground is beautiful, it's an understatement. The highlight, by far, was this little dock that we sat on to watch the sunset over the lake, so so gorgeous. 

We had a nice dinner at Maddy's Tavern and went back to the campsite. After a bit of a rough night early on due to some rowdy campers next to us, sleep never felt so sweet.

Day 2:
Wake up with the sunrise! It is so hard to sleep in in a tent, not that I'm complaining. Our Saturday was spent hiking trails around T.C. and it was a perfect day. We did 2 trails in the Brown Ridge Quiet Area, and another that I just can't recall the name of. 

On our way home I asked to pull over at a roadside stand selling cherries, and the lady working let us go pick our own, I was way beyond giddy.

After we finished we headed to a cute little cabin we rented off of Airbnb and relaxed for the evening with some adorable animals around us.


Day 3:
After sleeping in a bit and breakfast we headed home. 
We took a pit stop in our favorite place, Houghton Lake, for lunch and all the usual stops at the craft store and the tourist traps. 

We hit some bad traffic but got home and unloaded the gear before dinner!



To say this was a perfect trip would be an understatement. It was well needed and perfect and I couldn't have asked for a better person to have gone with. I'm sure we'll be seeing you again soon T.C.

1 comment:

  1. Great pics and a great read, looks like yoy really enjoyed your trip. Congrats and thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete